[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Patches] SWI relocation error building EGLIBC for ARM Cortex-A8
- To: "P. J. McDermott" <pjm@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Patches] SWI relocation error building EGLIBC for ARM Cortex-A8
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 19:06:25 -0400
On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 6:26 PM, P. J. McDermott <pjm@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 04/21/2012 05:24 PM, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>> I'd repost to libc-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Thanks for the response.
> I actually posted there  before posting here, thinking an upstream
> list would have more people who are familiar with the codebase. But
> then I was told  to post here.
> 1: http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-help/2012-04/msg00039.html
> 2: http://sourceware.org/ml/libc-help/2012-04/msg00040.html
Sorry for the circular responses :-)
A couple of comments:
* Don't hack unistd.h, that's a bad idea.
* Use older kernel headers.
Then try again.
I don't see that an undefined __NR_syscall has anything to do with your problem.
If you don't have the time to invest in fixing the issue you will need
to rely on a stable and tested setup e.g. cross-tools. What you're
trying to do isn't trivial and often broken or not well documented.
Patches mailing list