[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [patches] Re: Italy LC_TIME wrong
- To: Nicolò Chieffo <nicolo.chieffo@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [patches] Re: Italy LC_TIME wrong
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:27:13 -0400
On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 8:27 AM, Nicolò Chieffo<nicolo.chieffo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, I mailed bug-glibc-locales@xxxxxxx I hope it's the right place...
> Anyway I checked in windows, and it's exactly how I told you.
> Plus see PDF from IBM:
I agree with you that the local may be wrong, but upstream glibc and
eglibc need authoritative references for the locale, including
government publications and standards documents.
I suggest you follow Maxim's recommendation and post the bug report on
the upstream glibc bugzilla.
I would suggest that you have the following ready:
* Verification that git HEAD in upstream glibc is still wrong.
* Example code showing the output is wrong.
* References to the correct time
* The URL you posted from the IBM reference.
* A Microsoft reference for the correct format.
* A reference to a popular Italian newspaper with the correct format.
* Consent from the original locale author that the format is wrong.
* Your patch with GNU ChangeLog.